Rig Ready Preparations
Ramco, in partnership with several operators, led the way in developing off-site preparation of tubulars into a ready-to-run state. This service was driven by working with operators in the North Sea where rig space and time is at a premium.
Ramco developed a solution whereby pipe is prepared onshore with running compounds, tally lists and drifts, including full inspection and cleaning, prior to being shipped offshore, saving the operator expensive rig time and money as well as removing a safety critical element from the rig floor.
Ramco now provides this service both within its own strategically located facilities, remotely by use of Pipe Care Units (PCUs) or in conjunction with other service providers, utilising their facilities to offer clients Ramco’s reputation and expertise.
We continue to lead the way in Rig Ready Preparations, providing this service to both operators directly and through 3rd parties such as OCTG manufacturing companies and OCTG suppliers.
Liaising with key service providers, the tubular management was redesigned and led the way in what has become a global standard for offshore operations.
- Client requests tubulars for a well section, providing details of pipe required, accessories to compliment this pipe and other information as required.
- Ramco clean, inspect, tally, drift and uniquely identify all joints required by the client, removing storage compound and applying running compound.
- The pipe is delivered to client ready to run, complete with a full suite of accessories (pup joints, cross overs, cement equipment) and a report including tally lengths and pipe numbers.
- Client runs pipe direct from delivery, saving on costly time at the rig site preparing pipe to run.
- Surplus pipe is returned to Ramco where running compound is removed, pipe inspected and returned to inventory.
- Rig Ready Preparations reduces contingency stock sent to rig site, rig time and handling, rig costs, environmental impact, logistics costs and improves inventory management.